Income tax online payment is facilitated to provide an easy and efficient tax payment system and it is now managed by NSDL E-Governance Infrastructure Limited.
Once the payment is made through the online payment system, it will take up to 3 working days to get reflected in the form 26AS tax credit statement.
Step involved in the online payment of self-assessment tax U/s 140A.
1. Navigate to https://onlineservices.tin.egov-nsdl.com/etaxnew/tdsnontds.jsp
2. Click on proceed button in CALLAN NO./ITNS 280
3. Select Tax applicable as (0021) – Income Tax Other than Company.
4. Select the Type of payment as (300) – Self Assessment Tax.
5. Select the mode of payment as NET banking and choose your bank – It is advisable to make payment by net banking
6. Enter the Permanent Account Number (PAN)
7. Select the Assessment year as 2019-2020 if you are paying taxes for the financial year 2018-2019.
8. Fill in Basic details such as an address, mobile no etc.
9. check the basic details and proceed to payment by net banking, now you will be redirected to the bank website and payment will be initiated by the bank, and a tax payment challan will be generated after successful payment.