One-person company registration (OPC) is a new form of business that has been introduced by the Companies Act 2013, with the introduction of OPC now even a single person can register a private limited company. An Indian citizen who prefers to register a company can still register OPC only with one person as director and member. There is less compliance compared to a regular private limited company.
One person company is a limited liability private company registered with ministry of corporate affairs, the activities and functions are monitored by Ministry of corporate affairs by means of periodical return and forms filed by the one-person company. OPC is the only form of business in India with limited liability and which can be formed by one person. IT gives complete control over the activities of the business like proprietorship as well as benefits of private limited company
One person company registration in Chennai is formed by application to registrar of companies. The first process is application of proposed OPC name application followed by digital signature and DSC certificate. Once the name is approved, the document for company registration is filed with ministry of corporate affairs in online mode.
- Pan card individual
- ID proof of director / member – Aadhaar card/ Voter id / Passport/driving license
- Address proof no director or member -bank statements/ telephone bills / mobile bills/ electricity bill
- Passport size photo of director Rental agreement for a business address in the name of the business
- Latest Electricity bill for the business for practical purpose it should not be older than 1 month.
- No objection certificate from the premises’ owner of the business address.
Steps to Register
OPC registration consultation
Submission of name approval form
Submission and approval
From Auditor DESKOne-person company registration is recommended as the last option if other forms of business are not suitable.
Frequently Asked Questions
We make it easy for you to find the answer to frequently asked questions here...