It's good to hear you are going to start a new business, by this time you were surfing the internet for your new business registration in Chennai you have come across a different form of business registration and internet would have confused you.
Types of Business Registration to open a new business in company or brand name.
Proprietorship Business Registration
This form of registration is suitable for small business with small capital, There are no mandatory registration requirements, however, for the practical purpose, it is recommended to register Udyog Aadhar registration also called as MSME registration or SSI registration.
Partnership business registration
Partnership business is suitable for business with same features of proprietary company registration but if there is more than one business owner.
Limited Liability Partnership Registration
Limited liability partnership registration is suitable if you are looking for features of private limited company with income tax compliance as same as partnership firm and minimum ROC compliance
Private Limited company registration
If you are looking for business form with all features except issuing share to the public then we recommend you the formation of the new private limited company.
One person company registration
One person company has same features of starting a private limited company but with can be started with one person.
Above four forms are basic registration for forming a new business, apart from this GST registration is required if you crossing threshold limit or your business falls under compulsory GST registration.
Special Business registration – Additional requirements
- FSSAI (Food safety registration) – for food business operator, supermarket etc.
- IEC, Import Export code registration – Required for Import and export business.
- NSIC Registration – Business participating in e-procurement
- ISO 9001:2015 Registration – Can be done for all business types.
- Trademark Registration – If you need to protect your brand name.
- ESI Registration – If your business is covered under provisions of ESI act
- EPF Registration - If your business is covered under EPF Act.
- Professional Tax Registration – Required to be deducted by employers in state whose salary for six months is more than 21,000.
- Trade License – Required for specified trade running within city limits
- Shop and establishment registration