Income tax online payment is facilitated to provide easy and efficient tax payment system and it is now managed by NSDL E- Governance Infrastructure Limited.
Once the payment is made though the online payment system it will take up to 3 working days to get reflected in form 26AS tax credit statement.
Step involved in online payment of self assessment tax U/s 140A.
2. Click on proceed button in CHALLAN NO./ITNS 280
3. Select Tax applicable as (0021) – Income Tax Other than Company.
4. Select Type of payment as (300) – Self Assessment Tax.
5. Select mode of payment as NET banking and choose your bank – It is advisable to make payment by net banking
6. Enter Permanent Account Number (PAN)
7. Select Assessment year as 2019-2020 if you are paying tax for financial year 2018-2019.
8. Fill Basic details such as address , mobile no etc.
9. check the basic details and proceed to payment by net banking , now you will be redirected to bank website and payment will be initiated by bank and tax payment challan will be generated after successful payment.